G-Tech G-MINI FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Hard Drive and Hubs
We're sorry this product has been discontinued. Please choose from the menu on the left for alternative products.
G-MINI is the perfect storage companion for the Mac mini and Airport Extreme Base Station. G-MINI compliments the Mac mini and Airport Extreme's stylish designs and is the easy solution to add up to 1TB of storage capacity to manage your digital lifestyle. G-MINI features FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 connectivity for high-speed data transfers, a (3) port FireWire repeater and (3) port USB hub. When connected to the Airport Extreme, G-MINI is the perfect solution for adding shared storage to your wireless network. A variable speed fan and integrated heat-sink provide optimum cooling to ensure reliable and trouble free operation.
G-MINI is equipped with a heat sink and a small, variable speed fan to ensure optimum cooling for reliable operation and data integrity. G-MINI features FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 connectivity with integrated FireWire repeater and USB hub insuring high speed data transfers and flexible expansion for your Mac computer. When connected to an Airport Extreme, G-MINI becomes an instant shared drive on your wireless network and is the ideal way to move content to your Apple TV.
|Part Number and Description||Price||Add to Cart|
|GTI-920003-01 G-Tech G-MINI 500GB FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Hard Drive and Hubs||N/A||EOL|
|GTI-920004-01 G-Tech G-MINI 750 GB FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Hard Drive and Hubs||N/A||EOL|
|GTI-920005-01 G-Tech G-MINI 1000GB/1TB FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Hard Drive and Hubs||N/A||EOL|
|More FireWire Cables View our entire selection of FireWire Cables|
Features and Specifications
- Time Machine Ready!
- 7200 RPM drive with up to 1TB capacity and 32MB of cache
- Ideal storage companion for Mac mini and Airport Extreme
- Utilizes the next-gen 924 chipset from Oxford Semiconductor
- Built-in 3-port FireWire 400 repeater and 3-port USB 2.0 hub
- Easily move content to Apple TV when used with Airport Extreme
- Integrated heatsink and smart fan for long life and reliable operation
- Kensington™ security lock compatible
- Can function as a Mac OSX boot drive
- Pre-formatted for Mac OSX
- Warranty Information
- Standard 3-Year Factory Limited Warranty
- Bus Interface
- Three (3) FireWire 400 6-Pin Ports
- One (1) USB 2.0 Downstream (B) Port, and three (3) USB 2.0 Upstream (A) Ports
- System Requirements Mac
- FireWire USB 2.0 Operation: Mac OS X 10.3.x or higher
- FireWire 400 Operation: Mac OS 9.2 or higher
- System Requirements PC
- FireWire 400/USB 2.0 Operation: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Unsupported, but known to work with various open source systems including Open/Net/Free/BSD and GNU/Linux.
- Drive Mechanism Performance
- Rotational Speed: 7,200 RPM (nominal)
- Physical Dimensions
- Dimensions: 165 x 165 x 43mm, 6.5 x 6.5 x 1.7" (LWH)
- Weight: 1kg Approximate (2.2 lbs Approximate)
- Package Includes
- .5m FW400 and USB 2.0 cables
- Universal Power Supply
- CD Manual
- FireWire Repeater Port Count and Daisy Chaining
- How to count ports on peer to peer hubs and how to daisy chain hubs
- XP SP2 FireWire Performance Fix
- Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft document and download for fixing possible performance decreases after SP2 installs
- FAQ and Support Links for G-Technology Products and Devices
- Important G-Tech information and support links
- Bridging FireWire 400 to FireWire 800
- FAQ and product solutions for connecting between FireWire 800 and FireWire 400. Addresses 9, 6, and 4-pin scenarios.
- The advertised memory capacity of this device represents unformatted capacity. Please note that once formatted and due to variations in sector block limitations, the functional storage space will be lower than the advertised capacity.