CompactFlash Type I to 16-bit PCMCIA PC Card Type I/II Adapter for ATA Flash
The CompactFlash to PC Card adapter provides a passive pin out (50-pin) from a CompactFlash slot equipped host to a 68-pin Type I or II 16-bit PCMCIA PC Card. Voltage conversion/regulation or signal level conversion is not provided. Synchrotech sells this device for use with USB CompactFlash readers and ATA Flash PC Cards, providing simple inexpensive ATA Flash card access for John Deere Greenstar system and other ATA Flash users.
End users needing to read ATA Flash PC Cards, please purchase both the ADP-ATA-CF and PCM-CR-UEMUL01 together.
Although unsupported by Synchrotech, the adapter allows host devices like Pocket PCs, Handhelds and some laptops with built on CompactFlash+ slots to utilize 16-bit PCMCIA PC Cards within matching electrical ranges, so long as the device has driver support for the PC Card class in use.Follow @synchrotech_inc
|Part Number and Description||Price||Add to Cart|
CompactFlash Type I to 16-bit PC Card Type I/II Adapter for ATA Flash
Only supported for use with ATA Flash Memory PC Cards.
Features and Specifications
- Converts CompactFlash Type I slot to a 16-bit PCMCIA PC Card Type I/II slot
- Flexible, durable, soft circuit board with rubber protection
- Small, portable, and light weight
- No drivers necessary (for adapter)
- No power necessary (for adapter)
- Warranty Information
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Host Card
- CompactFlash Type I slot
- Media Accepted/PC Card Support
- With USB CompactFlash Readers: PCMCIA ATA Flash PC Card memory
- With Host Native CompactFlash Slots: PCMCIA ATA Flash PC Card memory
- With Host Native CompactFlash Slots: Known to work, but unsupported with 16-bit PCMCIA PC Cards within proper electrical characteristics
- System Requirements
- Available CompactFlash slot
- Operating System support for whatever 16-bit PC Card being used with the adapter
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 4.4 x 0.3cm (LWH)
- Weight: 11g
- Electrical Characteristics
- The Adapter itself has no power requirements, however any PC Card used with it will.
- Typical CompactFlash slots, including those on Pocket PCs, only provide 3.3V--it is critical to insure any PC Card used with the device works with that voltage.
- Typical CompactFlash slots, including those on Pocket PCs, provide up to 500mA of current--it is critical to insure any PC Card used with the device works with that amperage (some require as much as 700-1000mA).
- Please see voltage and amperage notes above in Electrical Characteristics!
- Please only insert 16-bit PCMCIA PC Cards, do not try to insert 32-bit PCMCIA PC CardBus cards as it can damage the slot and or card!
- Address Lines: The PC Card interface has 26 address lines while a CompactFlash slot can only provide 11 address lines. Most modern PC Cards do not utilize the extra address lines. However, end users should verify this information before purchase.
- Synchrotech only sells the ADP-ATA-CF CompactFlash to PC Card Adapter for use with PCMCIA ATA Flash PC Card memory, any other use is unsupported and may void warranty. Synchrotech assumes no responsibility for unsupported use of this device.