Thunderbolt I/O Technology Products Home Page
Thunderbolt I/O Technology combines combines high speed PCI Express (PCIe) data transfer and high quality DisplayPort video into a single compact serial data interface. Thunderbolt I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions making it the fastest external I/O technology available. Thunderbolt I/O Technology was originally developed by Intel as an optical technology known as Light Peak. In collaboration with Apple, the high speed technology was first implemented on copper cables and was renamed Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt allows for daisy-chaining up to six peripherals. Available only on the Macintosh platform for its first year, Thunderbolt I/O Technology is now widely available and its high-end capabilities have blossomed in the video capture and high speed storage device markets. Because Thunderbolt provides a compact, external, PCIe interface, it allows all-in-one computers and notebook computers to enjoy powerful expandability options that were once only reserved for bulky tower computers. With many new peripherals coming to the market, Thunderbolt I/O Technology looks like it's poised to become an important player in systems connectivity.
Thunderbolt 2 doubled transfer rates to 20Gbps. Thunderbolt 3 increased transfer rates up to 40Gbps and adopted USB-C connectors. All Thunderbolt 3 ports have USB-C built-in, letting them accept devices utilizing either bus. All three versions of Thunderbolt use the same distinctive "Lightning Arrow Icon" for their ports.
Thunderbolt 3/USB-C Devices
- Thunderbolt 3/USB-C SATA Enclosures
- Delock 42555 Thunderbolt 3 compatible USB-C External Enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s
- Thunderbolt 3™ compatible USB-C aluminum external enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s 2.5"e; SATA HDD, SSHD, or SSD of up to up to 9.5mm height. Utilizes USB-C's high performance SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Generation 2 for data transfer rates of up to 10Gb/s. The bus powered device works with many modern MacOS, Windows, and Unix-like systems.
- DLCK-42555 | Price: $89.00
- Thunderbolt to USB 3.0/UHS-II SD Card
- Delock Thunderbolt to SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-A (F) Adapter plus UHS-II SD Card Reader
- Deploy both SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices and UHS-II SD Cards on Thunderbolt technology equipped computers. Allows full 5.0 Gb/s throughput for USB. UHS-II SD Cards at up to 240MB/s reads and 260MB/s writes. Mac OS X 10.9 and later. Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- DLCK-CR-91723 | Price: $98.00
- Thunderbolt to ExpressCard 2.0
- Sonnet Echo Thunderbolt to ExpressCard/34 Adapter Pro
- Use a range of PCIe 2.0 based ExpressCards on Thunderbolt technology-equipped computers. Allows full 5.0 Gb/s throughput and ingest footage from SxS memory cards at up to 150 MB/s. Works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 and later.
- SON-ECHOPRO-E34 | Price: $169.95
Thunderbolt Storage Solutions
- Thunderbolt SATA 6Gb/s Enclosures
- Delock 42513 Bus Powered Thunderbolt External Enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-in SSD/HDD
- The Thunderbolt bus powered Delock 42510 Thunderbolt External Enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s SSDs and HDDs accepts 7, 9.0 and 9.5 2.5-inch 5-Volt devices. Windows 7/8/10 (32/64), Mac OS 10.7 and later.
- DLCK-TBSATA-42513 | Price: $125.00
- Thunderbolt SATA 6Gb/s Enclosures
- Delock 42510 Thunderbolt External Enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-inch SSD and HDD
- The Delock 42510 Thunderbolt External Enclosure for SATA 6Gb/s SSDs and HDDs accepts 7, 9.5, and 15mm 2.5-inch devices. Windows 7/8/10 (32/64), Mac OS 10.7, 10.8, 10.9; comes with a 2.5A AC Adapter and drivers for Windows.
- DLCK-TBSATA-42510 | Price: $85.00
- Thunderbolt SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD Adaptor
- Delock 61971 Thunderbolt to SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD Drive Adaptor + AC Adapter
- The 61971 Thunderbolt to SATA 6Gbps Adapter connects to both 2.5in and 3.5in SATA devices including SSD and HDD. Supports SATA 1.5 Gb/s, 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s. Comes with an AC Power Adapter. Works with Thunderbolt capable Mac OS X and Windows systems.
- DLCK-TBSATA-61971 | Price: $85.00
- G-RAID with Thunderbolt 8TB
- G-Tech G-RAID with Thunderbolt 8TB
- Compact raid featuring two spacious SATA III drives running at 7200RPM connected via ultrafast Thunderbolt I/O technology. Features dual Thunderbolt ports, enabling daisy-chaining.
- GTI-0G02272 | Price: $999.99