PCI Express to ExpressCard Slot Drive Read-Writer Home
PCI Express (PCIe) to ExpressCard drives open the world of ExpressCards to desktop computers. Requiring only a single lane PCIe 1X slot and a spare USB 2.0 port, PCI Express (PCIe) to ExpressCard drives provide a fully functional ExpressCard 34|54 slot. A smart investment for switching host adapters and other high performance ExpressCards between notebook and desktop computers, PCI Express ExpressCard drives are simple to install and fully conform to PCIe and ExpressCard standards. There are choices between front and rear slot models.
- Low Profile PCIe ExpressCard Drive
- PCI Express to ExpressCard 34|54 Drive Read-Writer w/Low Profile Option
- Work with ExpressCard 34|54 devices on PCIe equipped computers. Comes with optional Low Profile backplane plate. Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. Hotswap support on some systems.
- EXP54-CR-PCEIR1-3 | Price: $42.00
- PCIe ExpressCard Drive Front
- PCI Express to ExpressCard 34|54 Drive Read-Writer Front
- Featuring a specially manufactured highly shielded internal cable, allowing an ExpressCard/34|54 slot and an additional USB 2.0 port in a 3.5" drive bay of PCIe 1x equipped PCs. Header style USB connection to motherboard. For Windows and other x86 OS.
- EXP54-CR-PCEIF1 | Price: $128.00
- Qio Universal Media Read/Writer desktop
- Qio Universal Media Reader with SonnetBus Extender PCIe adapter for desktops
- Videographers' dream device - reads an amazing range of media including P2 PC Card, SxS ExpressCard, and CompactFlash/SDHC + SATA
- SON-QIO-PCIE | Price: $999.00
PCIe to ExpressCard Adapter Support Topics
- Hot swapping PCIe based ExpressCards with PCIe to ExpressCard Drives
- Information about hot swapping capabilities ExpressCards under various operating systems
- Can I 'rescan' the PCI expansion slots?
- More information about hot swapping capabilities ExpressCards under various operating systems
- ExpressCard FAQ for ExpressCard 34 and ExpressCard 54
- Answers a broad range of ExpressCard questions including form factor, compatibility, etc.
- Firmware Support for PCI Express Hot-Plug and Windows
- Microsoft document on PCIe hot-plug
- SxS PRO Device Drivers
- Information about Sony/Sandisk's SxS Pro ExpressCards