Wireless Gateway/Routers for WWAN 3G/4G to WiFi/Ethernet Networks
As mentioned in our extensive 3G Wireless FAQ, an excellent way of providing Wireless Mobile Broadband (WWAN) for a fixed location is a wireless gateway/router. Harnessing 3G or 4G mobile data networks (AKA cellular data networks), wireless gateway/routers handle the connectivity with mobile carriers like T-Mobile, Vodaphone, Sprint, AT&T (Cingular), Verizon, and many others. Wireless gateway/routers typically accept mobile broadband connectivity devices including 3G/4G PCMCIA PC Cards and USB devices. These wireless gateway/routers are extremely versatile, offering support for mobile (cellular) broadband data network devices ranging from the older style EDGE and CDMA to the lastest EVDO Rev. A and HSDPA cards.
Wireless gateway/routers then provide an internet connection (WAN) to individual computers or local are networks (LAN) via WiFi (802.11*) or wired Ethernet just as a gateway or router plugged into DSL, T-1, or other wired WAN options do. Share a single mobile (cellular) broadband data account throughout a household, business or branch office. Connect existing wired networks to wireless gateway/router, or take advantage of built in WiFi to enable roaming connections. Perfect for rural locations, wireless gateway/routers provide a cost effective and easy to administer solution for broadband connectivity.
- CTR500 Cellular Travel Router
- CTR500 Cellular Travel Router for WWAN 3G/4G to WiFi/Ethernet Networks
- Utilize a single mobile broadband data ExpressCard, USB, or USB tethered phone WWAN connection to provide network wide internet access over WiFi or wired Ethernet LANs
Synchrotech has created a compatibility matrix to aid in determining Top Global wireless gateway/router compatibility with individual mobile (cellular) broadband data networking devices.
- MB6800 Wireless Gateway
- MB6800 Wireless Gateway/Router for WWAN 3G/4G to WiFi/Ethernet Networks
- Utilize a single mobile broadband data WWAN connection to provide network wide internet access over WiFi or wired Ethernet LANs