Unibrain Smart FireWire 800 1394b 9pin to 9pin Cable UB Double Screw Lock
Unibrain introduces a new family of long FireWire 800 cables utilizing smart technology to overcome the 10 meter (32.8F) limitation of standard FireWire 800 cabling. The FireWire 800 "Smart Cables"&tm; allow significant extension of FireWire topologies via a single 75 Ohm coaxial type cable and no need for multiple repeaters or bus extenders. The cables are currently available in 20m (65 ft) and 40m (130 ft) lengths. Longer cables will be available in the future as will custom length options under an OEM/volume request basis. These FireWire 800 Smart Cables feature smart connectors in which each end of the cable is actually a "Smart" device using EqcoLogic's equalizer providing much of the functionality of a standard repeater. This functionality includes the following unique characteristics. They are auto-adaptive in that they control a multiple pole analog filter that compensates for attenuation of the cable. They provide variable gain since EqcoLogic's equalizers are used in pairs. Any differences in transmit amplitude are removed by the input pre-driver. The receiver equalizer has variable gain to compensate for attenuation through the transmission line. Lastly, they are multi-speed supporting S800, S400, S200 and S100 speeds. Because the transmission cable is coaxial instead of twisted pairs, the cable is thinner, lighter, and more flexible than corresponding standard FireWire 800 cabling.
Typically, these FireWire 800 Smart Cables can replace a series of repeater hubs and multiple FireWire cables for distance runs. This can provide significant cost savings be reducing the number of devices needed to create long cable runs. For situations where the FireWire devices on both ends self powered, there typically isn't a need for any other devices. The 20m (65 ft) version of the FireWire 800 Smart Cables can typically pass bus power on from a sufficiently powered host device. See Unibrain's example under Electrical Characteristics below for more details. However, for the 40m (131 ft) or low powered hosts to provide bus power, a plugged in repeater hub like any of the Unibrain FireRepeater series will be necessary on the end closest to the devices requiring bus power. For very long cable runs, consider Unibrain's Glass Optical Fiber FireWire 800 IEEE1394b Repeater with up to 550m capability.Follow @synchrotech_inc
|Part Number and Description||Price||Add to Cart|
|CAB-FW8-SMART1660 Smart FireWire 800 1394b 9pin to 9pin Cable UB Double Screw Lock 20M/65F||$199.00|
|CAB-FW8-SMART1661 Smart FireWire 800 1394b 9pin to 9pin Cable UB Double Screw Lock 40M/130F||$249.00|
Features and Specifications
- Up to 800 Mbps full-duplex bidirectional high speed data transmission
- FireWire-800, 9 pin to 9 pin standard 1394b ports, with screw lock support
- Much thinner (Diameter 4.0 mm) and flexible than a 10m regular 1394b cable
- Developed for Low Emissions and High Immunity (automotive applications)
- Multiple shielding and insulation for maximum speed without data loss
- Warranty Information
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Port Interface
- FireWire 800 IEEE 1394b interface (9 pin bilingual connectors) one on each end
- Transfer Rates
- Up to 100, 200, 400 and 800 Mbps
- Available Lengths
- 20m (65 ft) FireWire-800, 9 pin to 9 pin standard 1394b ports with screw lock support
- 40m (130 ft) FireWire-800, 9 pin to 9 pin standard 1394b ports with screw lock support
- Electrical Characteristics
- Operating voltage: 12V
- Power requirements for the IEEE 1394 bus The most important factor considered on any FireWire topology is that sufficient power is provided to the devices guaranteeing stability on the bus. In long distance solutions, there may be significant power loss across the power as well as the data lines. Thus it is strongly recommended that the firewire adapter on the PC side is fed with additional power internally through its power connector.
- With the 20m (65 ft) version of the Long cable you will be able to operate reliably up to 3 industrial cameras simultaneously without any additional power (provided the firewire adapter in the PC is powered internally though its additional power input).
- With the 40m (131 ft) version you will need to provide additional power (12V) unless the device is self-powered (e.g. it is an external firewire disk). If the device does not have input for additional power, you can use a FireRepeater at the end of the long cable for providing additional power to the bus through the repeater's power input jack.
- Operating Environment
- Temperature: -30 to 75° C (-22 to 167° F)
- Physical Characteristics
- American Wire Gauge (AWG): 23
- Min. Bend Radius (Install): 1.5in (3.81 cm)
- Connector mechanical drawing
- Package Includes
- Unibrain FireWire 800 Smart Cable
- XP SP2 FireWire Performance Fix
- Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft document and download for fixing possible performance decreases after SP2 installs
- Bridging FireWire 400 to FireWire 800
- FAQ and product solutions for connecting between FireWire 800 and FireWire 400. Addresses 9, 6, and 4-pin scenarios.