FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 IEEE 1394 Repeater Hub Home
FireWire 400 and FireWire 800 repeater hubs provide more ports and repeat signals to increase cable distances between hosts and peripherals. When powered via a power supply, FireWire repeaters can supply power to FireWire devices requiring FireWire bus power. Using FireWire's vaunted capabilities to create either daisy chain or hierarchical topologies, FireWire hubs allow for flexible setups.
FireWire 800's blinding speed crushes USB 2.0 and provides for much longer cable runs and more flexible peer to peer setups. In every way, FireWire exceeds expectations. Guaranteed isosynchronous bandwidth, 8B10B versus USB's inferior NRZI encoding, and no need to waste CPU cycles like USB make FireWire 800 a clear favorite for performance applications.
- Three Port Repeater Hub
- Unibrain FireRepeater 800 FireWire IEEE 1394b Repeater Hub 3 Port
- Blazing fast FireWire 800 three port repeater hub power supply optional purchase
- Five Port Repeater Hub
- Unibrain FireRepeater-800 Pro FireWire 800 IEEE 1394b Repeater Hub 5 Port
- Blazing fast FireWire 800 five port repeater hub power supply optional purchase
FireWire 400's excellent speed surpasses USB 2.0 and provides for far longer cable runs and flexible peer to peer device usage. Unlike prosaic USB, FireWire doesn't steal precious CPU cycles in order to do its job. With much more robust power, FireWire can even power 2.5" HDD hard drive devices without a secondary power supply.
- Three Port Repeater Hub
- Unibrain FireRepeater 400 FireWire IEEE 1394a Repeater Hub 3 Port
- Three port repeater hub power supply optional purchase
- Two Port Inline Repeater
- Datavideo FireWire IEEE 1394 Inline Repeater
- Two port inline repeater for longer cable runs
CAT5e/CAT6 Repeaters allow for extended transmission lengths that exceed that of the FireWire IEEE 1394 standard. Excellent for applications that require distances between FireWire devices that would need more than three regular hubs.
- CAT5 Repeater-400 Kit
- Unibrain CAT5 Repeater-400 FireWire IEEE1394a Repeater
- Kit comes with a pair of CAT5 Repeater400 repeaters and DC +12V power supplies
Utilize standard LC or MT-RJ Glass Optical Fiber between repeaters to allow transmit full speed FireWire 800 signals over distances of up to 550 meters (Roughly 1,800 feet).
- LC GOF FireWire 800 Repeater
- Unibrain Glass Optical Fiber FireWire 800 IEEE1394b Repeater LC Port
- A GOF Repeater-800 on each end of a GOF run providing two FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) bilingual ports